Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Whether you are a seasoned marathon runner or a social runner, there comes a point when your running shoes reach the end of the road. No shoe lasts forever and according to experts, the average mileage of running shoes is about 644km.
Although your retired running shoes may no longer be good for running in, they can be turned into business opportunities for people in developing countries, such as Honduras, Haiti and even
Transnistria, by helping them launch and sustain their own small businesses selling donated shoes.
Project Love Sneaker is a shoe-donation drive organised by Running Lab Malaysia to serve the running community’s desire to recycle their “retired” running shoes that are still in good condition,
for a good cause.
Launched in 2010 in Singapore, Project Love Sneaker has increasingly gained traction and interest. Running Lab is more committed than ever to reach out to a wider audience to spread the meaningful notion behind this campaign and this year is no different.
Do your part this April with Running Lab and Soles4Souls – simply drop off your preloved running shoes at any Running Lab store from 1 – 30 April
And because we understand that retiring your favourite pair of running shoes is never easy, you get a RM150 Running Lab shoe voucher for every pair of preloved running shoes you donate in good condition.
Running Lab stores:
- Running Lab Pavilion, Lot 5.102.02, Level 5, Pavilion Elite
- Running Lab The Gardens Mall, Lot No. T-227, 3rd Floor, The Gardens Mall
What you need to know before donating?
What condition should donated shoes be in?
- Running shoes in clean & re-usable condition will be accepted.
- All parts of the shoe must be intact.
- There should be no holes on the outsole or upper of the shoe.
- The outsole should not be fully worn out.
Are lifestyle shoes that look like running shoes acceptable?
- Yes, they are acceptable as long as they are in good condition.
Are Children’s shoes accepted?
- Children’s shoes are acceptable as long as they are in good re-usable condition
Are canvas shoes like Converse or Vans accepted?
- Not acceptable as they are not sports/running shoes.
Are spike shoes accepted?
- Spike shoes are not acceptable.