Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Malaysia will be transitioning to the endemic phase on 1 April 2022.
In order to have a smooth transition, the public is urged to get their booster dose to retain their “fully vaccinated” status.
According to Malay Mail, Sinovac primary vaccine recipients aged 18 and above and senior citizens must obtain their booster dose by 31 March.
To expedite the booster dose dispensing process, the public can now book their appointments through MySejahtera from Monday, 21 March.
Here’s how to book your booster dose appointment:
- Open the MySejahtera app.
- Click on ‘Covid-19 Vaccination.’
- Select ‘Click here to book your appointment.’
- Choose your preferred vaccination centre (PPV) name and address.
- Select the available slot (date and time).
- Select ‘See more’ to view the appointment slots.
- Make sure details are correct before clicking ‘Confirm.’
To find your preferred PPV for the booster dose, you can head over to ProtectHealth’s website and click on ‘Find Vaccination Centre (PPV).’
Senior citizens with comorbidities who have not been vaccinated or have not taken the booster dose have a higher risk of death if they’re infected by Covid-19.
As such, this group is advised to get their booster dose as quickly as they can.
As Ramadan draws near, it is advisable for this group to get inoculated with the booster dose as soon as possible. Let us protect our families. Let us increase our level of protection before entering the “transition to the endemic” phase.
ProtectHealth Corporation Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Datuk Dr Anas Alam Faizli.