Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Malaysians have been masking up for almost two years now due to the pandemic. Although the masks help to reduce the chance of contracting Covid-19, there are some people who are looking forward to the day the mask mandate is gone.
According to an entirely casual poll done on TRP’s Facebook page, the majority of Malaysians will still wear masks to protect themselves and their loved ones even if it’s not longer required to do so.
Among the reasons to keep wearing masks are:
- Help keep the unvaccinated such as children safe from the current pandemic.
- It’s just polite to do so.
- Reduce the chances of catching other airborne illnesses such as colds and flu.
- For vanity purposes. Some believe they look younger and prettier if they wore a mask.
- Save money on makeup like lipstick.
- Lazy to trim nostril hair.
- Maintaining anonymity and mysteriousness.
However, some preferred if they were given the choice to wear a mask or not and monitor the situation for themselves.
This group explained that they would wear a mask in public and crowded areas such as shopping malls but would forgo the mask if they were outdoors in the open air.
People who refused to wear masks said they were tired of breathing in their bad breath and carbon dioxide.
Others complained about skin irritation from masks such as dry lips and developing acne so they would like to stop wearing masks soon.
For now, Malaysians are waiting for the official announcement regarding the 3 key measures in the SOP today.
The three key measures that are in discussion with the Health Ministry (KKM) are:
- The wearing of face masks
- Scanning MySejahtera when entering premises
- Covid-19 detection tests